KMS Librarian Enjoys Helping Students Select Books

Mrs.+Ramirez+is+our+school+librarian+and+always+willing+to+help+students+find+books+or+research.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Mrs. Ramirez is our school librarian and always willing to help students find books or research.

Esperanza Rodriguez, Student Writer

When was the last time you checked out a book from our library? The librarian, Vaniya Ramirez, said she loves all the students at KMS. She also said she has been our librarian for four years. Mrs. Ramirez said she loves her job because she can help a lot of the students pick out amazing books. She also loves to read and that is the reason she has wanted to be a librarian.

From Mrs. Ramirez’s perspective, the best book series in the library is Dork Diaries by Rachel Renée Russell. She thinks this series is funny.

In any given day, about 40 students will check out a book from the library as stated by Mrs. Ramirez. She said the library is usually packed during lunch. “Students like to come in and look at books or have a comfortable place to sit,” she said.

When students are in class Mrs. Ramirez spends her time organizing and stacking books and printing reports. She said it can get quiet, but she keeps herself busy.

The least fun part of her job is dealing with rude students. “Sometimes students are rude with their words,” she said. “They talk back without reason.”

Mrs. Ramirez said the library has hundreds of books from many genres such as mystery, comedy, fantasy and classics to name a few.  She said all types of students love to come and read in the library, but she would love to see more kids checking out books on a regular basis. If you do not know what book to check out all you need to do is tell Mrs. Ramirez what you are interested in and she can help you find a book to fit your reading taste.

Now that you know a bit about Mrs. Ramirez, be sure to get to the library and start checking out books. Each KMS student can check out two books at a time. It used to be three books, but Mrs. Ramirez said students started losing books so she changed it to two books at a time. Mrs. Ramirez said she might let some responsible students take three books at a time, but that is rare and based on the student’s responsibility level.

The library is open Monday through Friday during the hours of 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM.