Red Team is Full of Spirit

Mr.+Thomas%2C+science+teacher+and+Red+Team+Staff+member%2C+watches+as+members+of+his+red+team+work+to+build+a+tower+of+cups.+
Mr. Thomas, science teacher and Red Team Staff member, watches as members of his red team work to build a tower of cups.

Rosa Hernandez, Student Writer

At KMS there are four spirit teams: The Red Team, the blue team, the green team and the yellow team. These spirit teams compete against each other at all lunch time events and rally events. The winner at the end of each event gets to keep the Spirit Stick as a prize. This Spirit Stick moves around throughout the year based on which team wins each rally or lunchtime event. At the end of the year the spirit team with the most wins gets the Spirit Trophy and bragging rights.

The Red Team leader is Ms. Faridoni, a 7th grade history teacher. She said she has been The Red Team leader for the three years. She added that she wanted to be The Red Team leader because she likes to be involved with events and encourage students to participate in activities and show school pride.

Ms. Faridoni believes The Red Team has a good chance of winning this year if her red team students show up and show spirit by participating in school activities. “The Red Team has won the Spirit Stick five times since she has been the team leader.

A student named Andrea Garcia stated she likes being on The Red Team and also believes they have a good chance of winning this year. “I will be wearing my spirit shirt, but I do not plan to participate in rally events,” she said.

Josh Larreynaga stated that he also believes that red team has a good chance of winning this school year. “The Red Team has people who are proud members like me,” he said. Josh added that he might participate in rally events this school year if he signs up on time. He also stated that he will be wearing his spirit shirt and would like to see rally events stay the same.

A seventh grader named Lizbeth Garcia stated that she believes The Red Team will win this year because she heard that red team won the Spirit Stick once last year. She said that she is planning to participate in a few rally events this school year. She is positive she is going to wear her spirit shirt every time she needs to. She believes there should be new games each year and that they should not be the same ones each year. Lizbeth would like to see a scavenger hunt rally event. She stated she likes being on The Red Team because she meets new people and has fun.

Another seventh grader named Elvira Mendoza stated that a lot of students on The Red Team have a lot of spirit. She is planning to participate in the rallies and wear her spirit shirt because she believes The Red Team is the best. “There should be new games like tug-of –war,” she said. Elvira likes being on The Red Team and remembers how The Red Team won three spaces on the Spirit Stick last year.